Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Praveen 13 posts 33 karma points
    Apr 10, 2012 @ 13:05
    Praveen

Multiple controls with same Id were found

I get the following error, It vanishes off when i reset the Application Pool. Please help me !!!

• Jochen Schoubben 25 posts 119 karma points
    Apr 10, 2012 @ 16:38
    Jochen Schoubben

Hi Praveen,

Could you give some more details?

like, does this prop_header means anything to you? (ie. is it an alias in your documenttype)

Apr 11, 2012 @ 04:34
    Praveen

No.. i checked my entire Document type and i could not find it anywere.. i also checked all my controls but could not find it..

The above error was already appearing with some other ID name but suddenly changed to prop_header

the Issue vanishes off when i reset the App pool.. what should i do .. pls HELP !!!

Apr 11, 2012 @ 08:11
    Jochen Schoubben

Hi Praveen,

Is it possible you have a property in the document type with the alias: "header", if so, could you try changing it to another name and see if that fixes the problem?

Apr 11, 2012 @ 09:21
    Praveen

Hi Jochen,

Thanks for ur help, I have a parent document type in which alias "header" is present and it occurs only once and it has various child nodes which inherit the header property.

I have used the header property throughout my entire site. So it will be difficult for me to change the name and replicate it everywere.

Even if i change the alias name now, is there any chance of any such similar error appearing in future???

PS: the page loads properly everytime and the above mensioned error pops out only once in a while, moreover it appears only when there is slow page load.. any ideas on why this happens.. I have not used any duplicate alias in my Doc Type...

Apr 11, 2012 @ 09:40
    Jochen Schoubben

Well, I'm not an umbraco expert, but i think it's not really best practice to make an alias "header". Unless it involves too much work, you should rename it to someting else. Otherwise, I think you'll have to live with the problem popping up once in a while.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft