Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steven Sønderskov 30 posts 142 karma points
    Jun 05, 2012 @ 14:43
    Steven Sønderskov

Old content gets displayed on website

Hi 

I have a weird problem with a multi section website. It's an Umbraco v. 4.6.1.
    The thing is that I have 6 sections with each their hostname. Like:

domain.com
    intranet.domain.com
    business.domain.com
    etc.

Ok, if I want to publish something at intranet.domain.com I have to login at intranet.domain.com/umbraco/umbraco.aspx before the content gets shown at publish.
    Thats fine, but the problem is that some times I publish something at intranet.comain.com, checks out that it is displayed on the website, and makes sure that everything is fine.

Then (sometimes) when I check it out again later, the website is displaying old content.
    But when I look at the content in Umbraco (like in a rich-text-editor), it is actually the new content, it just doesn't get shown on the website. 
    If I then republish the node, it is back at the website again.

We are 3 users loggin in using the same Umbraco user. But I have checked that we are not overwriting eachothers works and things like that. It just seem to happen randomly.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Jun 05, 2012 @ 16:16
    Seth Niemuth

Are the domains setup on different IIS websites and thus have different app pools? They should all be setup on a single website in IIS, I have seen this type of thing happening before when they have different websites and/or app pools.

Jun 05, 2012 @ 16:19
    Steven Sønderskov

No they are not :-/

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Jun 05, 2012 @ 16:23
    Seth Niemuth

Hmmm...maybe one fix would be to use a single domain to login and edit content (such as admin.domain.com/umbraco/umbraco.aspx) rather than all the different domains for editing content. 

Jun 05, 2012 @ 16:42
    Steven Sønderskov

Well if I use business.domain.com for editing content on intranet.domain.com, then the content doesn't appear on the website (intranet.domain.com), when published. But I don't know if that is an error or if it is intended that way. I do have different hostnames for each section (like intranet.domain.com).

But if I take a look in the Log Mangager (installed package), I can see the following statement appearing from time to time:

System intranetAdmin (none) 05/06/2012 16:25:04 Loading content from database...

Im in no way an expert in IIS and stuff like that, but as far as we have been able to figure out, the error appears every time the application pool restarts. 
    So we have tried setting the cacheXML property to False in the umbracoSettings.config file to see if that might help.

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Jun 05, 2012 @ 17:04
    Rik Helsen

1. do you have a loadbalanced server? (maybe there are 2 versions of the xml cache and the reset causes you to load the wrong one?)

2. can you try to republish the XML manually and does this fix the issue when this happens? - /umbraco/dialogs/publish.aspx?xml=true

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft