Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Bentzen 83 posts 145 karma points
    Jul 30, 2009 @ 08:57
    Martin Bentzen

Access.xml - encoding problem

Hi,

I use Umbraco 4.0.2.1, with the standard umbraco membershipsystem.

In Umbraco 4.0.2.1 I have experienced a couple of times, that the roles/groups used to protect pages/content has bad encoding in access.xml file. I have some member groups that contains danish chars (æ ø å)

Sometimes the groupid (groupname) in access.xml is bad encoded, and therefore turns into some wired errors.

This was not an error for me in v3, so I guess it has something to do with the new asp.net membership.

Has anyone tried to use membergroup names with special chars ?

Thanx in advantage

Martin

• Jørgen Bakke Eriksen 44 posts 95 karma points
    Apr 20, 2012 @ 09:34
    Jørgen Bakke Eriksen

Martin, did you ever find a permanent solution to this? We have encountered the same problem in v4.7.1 and have found out that it is related to using the special norwegian vowels æ (aelig), ø (oslash) and å (aring) in the member groups Our (temporary) solution is to not use norwegian characters in the member group names. However, in local IIS (started from Visual Studio) there is no such problem, in other words, we can use norwegian characters when running locally.

I guess there has to be a lacking setting in either regional setting or the IIS in the production environment. I will post an update to this issue if we find a permanent solution.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft