Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mukesh 15 posts 35 karma points
    Sep 14, 2012 @ 08:50
    Mukesh

Need to decrypt password stored in [password] field of Table -> [cmsMember]

I am storing password in encrypted formate by setting passwordFormat="Encrypted"

<add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="true" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="SiteMembers" passwordFormat="Encrypted" />

<add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.UsersMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="true" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="Encrypted" />

Now I need to store actual password into a string variable.

please provide me way to store password in encrpted format and decrypt the actual value. Plesae provide me in details.

Thanks in advance.

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Sep 14, 2012 @ 09:44
    Richard Soeteman

HI the whole idea of an encrypted password is that you can't decrypt it. Why do you need the original password string?

Cheers,

Richard

• Priyanka Kanojia 17 posts 88 karma points
    May 10, 2019 @ 05:11
    Priyanka Kanojia

We need decryption for password to prevent users from using last 3 password..any idea on how we can achieve this functionality??

Thank You, Priyanka

Sep 14, 2012 @ 09:47
    Mukesh

Actually our web site is for patients. and we need to sent actual password to user. when they forgot their password. we can not reset the password.

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Sep 14, 2012 @ 09:51
    Richard Soeteman

Then you need to store the passwords as plain text into the database but that is a security risk. Or use a default password that users must change when they first login?

Cheers,

Richard

Sep 14, 2012 @ 09:54
    Mukesh

We have to use enctyped password only by using passwordFormat = "Encrypted" in web.config.  I am able to store the value into password. But not able to decrypt this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft