Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Taylor 155 posts 353 karma points
    Oct 11, 2012 @ 18:51
    Mike Taylor

AfterUnPublish event still shows the node as one of its parent's children in NodeFactory

I'm hooking into a Document_AfterUnPublish event in order to do some manual tweaking of an Examine index.
    Oddly, if I look at the unpublished node's parent's children in NodeFactory, the unpublished node is still listed.
    void DocumentAfterUnPublish(Document sender, umbraco.cms.businesslogic.UnPublishEventArgs e)
            {
                // check
                umbraco.library.RefreshContent();

var parentNode = uQuery.GetNode(sender.ParentId);
                foreach (Node childNode in parentNode.GetChildNodes())
                {
                    Console.Write(childNode.Id);
                }

RemoveFromIndex(sender);
            }
    So, in the above code, the GetChildNodes collection includes the node I've just unpublished.
    Is there a workaround?
    Thanks all,
    Mike
  • Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Oct 12, 2012 @ 11:55
    Dirk De Grave

I'm pretty sure the cache is only cleared afterwards,  I'd suggest to use content.AfterClearDocumentCache and do your Examine index tweaking then.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Oct 12, 2012 @ 11:57
    Dirk De Grave

Just looked it up on the umbraco source, cache is cleared when calling library.UnPublishSingleNode() which is done AFTER .UnPublish() and so after that specific event is fired.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Oct 12, 2012 @ 11:59
    Mike Taylor

Seems a bit odd, but OK....

I only want to run my custom event handler code after a node has been unpublished (or deleted, which I believe also triggers the AfterUnPublish event). Is there a way to hook into AfterClearDocumentCache and test to see whether it was an unpublish or delete that caused it? Otherwise it will run every time the cache is cleared...

Mike

Oct 12, 2012 @ 12:04
    Dirk De Grave

Hmm, not sure if you can find those details, I guess you can check the .Published property or else check path (-1,20 for recycle bin)...

Oct 12, 2012 @ 12:13
    Mike Taylor

I think I have it working... in the AfterUnPublish event, I'm making a forced call to library.UnPublishSingleNode(sender.Id) before I do the Examine re-index. This might mean that UnPublishSingleNode is fired twice...?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft