Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christian Liebe-Harkort 56 posts 104 karma points
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 11:22
    Christian Liebe-Harkort

Problems with membership / Login controls after upgrading to 4.9.1

Hi,

after upgrading an existing site from 4.0.4 to 4.9.1 I experience problems with the membership controls / Provider. Not sure if the upgrade caused the problem...

This sites uses the AspNetSqlMemberShipProvider.

Behaviour:

• I can see the existing members in the umbraco backend, I can create and delete users there.
    • I use the standard ASP.NET controls like LOGIN, CreateUser, ForgotPassword, all these controls behave in the same way:
      Whatever information I enter, whenever I submit the form all fields are emptied and asteriks are shown on the right side of the textfields (like if I had not entered anything, I guess this is default behaviour of these controls).

For testing I tried:

• Put the login control on an empty template, same result
    • I created a control that logs an existing user in with this code: FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie("some_existing_user", True)
      After that the user is logged in (LoginView shows that correctly) and can use the protected features.

In another project I am also using ASP.NET membership without any problems, I started this project with umbraco 4.9, comparing the web.configs of theses two projects everything seems to be configured the same (except conn-strings and custom settings of course).

I have no more ideas what I could do to find the reason for that problem.

Thanks
    Christian

• Christian Liebe-Harkort 56 posts 104 karma points
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 16:53
    Christian Liebe-Harkort

I finally found the problem casuing that:

The site was using  ASP.NET 2.0 CSS Friendly Control Adapters, it seems that using them caused kind of a double postback for the controls. Removing that solved it. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft