Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick Scott 70 posts 110 karma points c-trib
    Nov 09, 2012 @ 09:56
    Patrick Scott

4.10 umbraco.library.RenderTemplate causing unhandled exception

Today I started a new project with 4.10.0 RC (Win 7 64 bit, IIS7.5, ASP.NET 4.0) and I have come across a strange issue. When I make a call to umbraco.library.RenderTemplate from within a user control, master page or xsl, UMBRACO seems to go into a recursive loop and crashed the w3wp.exe. I setup VS2012 and ran a debug session on the usercontrol with this code in and when I passed a valid nodeID in, the user control was being called repeatedly until the call stack must have filled up and w3wp.exe crashed out.

If I pass an invalid nodeID then the page completes successfully and obviously nothing is rendered.

Can anyone else replicate this?

The xslt simply has:

<xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:RenderTemplate(2099)" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

And the masterpage has

<%=umbraco.library.RenderTemplate(2099) %>

The Document Type being rendered has one template defined and has some simple HTML text in it.

Has anyone else come across this? I am wondering if it is a bug introduced in the new version.

• Thommy Kühn 4 posts 24 karma points
    Nov 12, 2012 @ 11:30
    Thommy Kühn

I can reproduce this error with the 4.10.0 release version. The webserver crashes during the call to umbraco.library.RenderTemplate from within an xslt file.

There is already an issue at http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1174.

Thommy

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft