Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• RolandWolters 42 posts 63 karma points
    Dec 03, 2012 @ 13:57
    RolandWolters

Repeater in an ascx custom control

So I had this list in my ascx control, done by a simple repeater. Works fine. It creates a list in a table format.

But then I needed to add a button to be able to delete a row. Sounds simple eh? Just add a command button, handle the repeaters' ItemCommand Event. do stuff, reload. Basic stuff.

This strange thing however happened: at the axect point where the commandbutton should be in the output, the repeater had stopped. Didn't finish the table, not even the footer of the table which is in the footertemplate. No obvious error, just the broken output. This only happened when i added a commandbutton or imagebutton or linkbutton. Other asp.net controls like label or textbox; no problem.

I coudn't figure it out and HAD to finish it so implemented a webservice call in javascript, did the delete, reload the page and that's ok too but wtf was wrong wit the initial solution. I can't figure it out!

At some point I removed everything else from my asc control; left only the repeater with just thsu button in it. Same result.

Is there some umbraco thing that can cause this? This ascx control is loaded via a macro in a template and as such finally placed in umbraco's masterpage. Some code there that can cause this?

I am working on a 4.9 setup

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Dec 04, 2012 @ 10:52
    Richard Soeteman

Did you check the output from the Trace, I think there is errormessage in the trace.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft