Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Evans 50 posts 71 karma points
    Jan 04, 2013 @ 11:13
    Jason Evans

Displaying our speech bubble is overidden by another speech bubble in AfterSave event.

We have code running in a Document->AfterSave event which displays a speech bubble:

((BasePage)HttpContext.Current.Handler).speechBubble(BasePage.speechBubbleIcon.error, "Error", "Problem");

We do this after validating a document's property and that property is invalid, in order to inform the user that something is wrong.

The problem is that, even though the above code is executed, the Umbraco code that runs after our AfterSave code displays it's own speech bubble, the one that says "Completed" to indicate that the document has been saved. This results in our speech bubble never being displayed at all.

Can someone suggest how we can display a speech bubble that won't be overriden by Umbraco's own calling of speeh bubble please?

• John Hildebrant 14 posts 35 karma points
    Jul 21, 2014 @ 18:29
    John Hildebrant

Did you get this to work?

• Jason Evans 50 posts 71 karma points
    Jul 29, 2014 @ 19:56
    Jason Evans

Unfortunately I never did get this to work.

It's been almost two years since I last looked at that code (I have left the company where I was working on this particular Umbraco project), so it's unlikely I will revisit this.

Thanks for asking though, much appreciated :)

• John Hildebrant 14 posts 35 karma points
    Jul 29, 2014 @ 20:13
    John Hildebrant

Thank you for replying. I did discover that if your code does not catch an exception in the back office, then this will generate a red speech bubble. It only seems to appear when not running in Visual Studio debug mode.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft