Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• julius 107 posts 289 karma points
    Jan 14, 2013 @ 23:39
    julius

TinyMce config file changes don't work

Hello,

I need absolute image URLs on one of the sites I manage. I tried setting the relative_urls, change_urls and remove_script_host variables in /config/tinyMceConfig.xml, but none of the settings seem to have any effect on the richtext editor behaviour. I debugged tiny_mce_src.js, because that is included in Umbraco and apparently that decides it must generate relative URLs.

This below code decides that I want relative URLs even though the config says otherwise:

from the config:

<config key="relative_urls">false</config>
    <config key="convert_urls">true</config>

part of tiny_mce_src.js with my ugly hack to circumvent relative URL creation:

convertURL : function(u, n, e) {

var t = this, s = t.settings;

// Use callback instead
    if (s.urlconverter_callback)
    return t.execCallback('urlconverter_callback', u, e, true, n);

// Don't convert link href since thats the CSS files that gets loaded into the editor also skip local file URLs
    if (!s.convert_urls || (e && e.nodeName == 'LINK') || u.indexOf('file:') === 0)
    return u;

// Convert to relative

// THIS IS A HACK TO CIRCUMVENT RELATIVE URL CREATION:
    s.relative_urls = false;
    if (s.relative_urls)
    return t.documentBaseURI.toRelative(u);

// Convert to absolute
    u = t.documentBaseURI.toAbsolute(u, s.remove_script_host);
    return u;

},

Why is s.relative_urls "true" even when I put relative_urls = false in the config and even when I change relative_urls: 0 in tiny_mce_src.js?

• Evelyne Schreiner 25 posts 74 karma points
    Jan 24, 2013 @ 20:19
    Evelyne Schreiner

Hello,

If you haven't tried this yet, I would suggest to edit your web.config file and save it, just to make sur that the project is fully reloaded. I had to do this to make changes in tinyMceConfig.xml effective.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft