This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kristoffer Eriksen 185 posts 465 karma points
    Jan 22, 2013 @ 17:18
    Kristoffer Eriksen

Could not load file or assembly

Hey people

I've just today discovered a failure on one of my customers website

The error can be seen on eyesindk.com

"Could not load file or assembly 'umbraco.editorControls' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect."

The site has been running perfect in a longer period of time, but I just discovered this error today. I cant access Umbraco either, which concludes it isnt a problen the customer has created in Umbraco.

the solution is hosted at UnoEuro, and their response was that they cant se anything wrong at the server, and that it must be a problem with umbraco.

I've done a rebuild of the solution , and deployed to the server, but that didn't solve the problem.

any suggestions?

Best regards

Kristoffer

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jan 22, 2013 @ 18:08
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Kristoffer

Sorry for asking the obvious but it is the first thing to check - is the umbraco.editorControls.dll file in the bin directory ?

Cheers, Nigel

• Asif Malik 203 posts 339 karma points
    Jan 22, 2013 @ 18:09
    Asif Malik

Hi, if this has happened recently then i would try and find out if the hoster did any upgrades/hotfixes .... i would also take a look in the source code (for the version you are running) and check what dependencies (references) are on that project

This may also help http://forums.asp.net/t/1723258.aspx/1 ;

Jan 23, 2013 @ 08:45
    Kristoffer Eriksen

Hey Nigel

I've checked the bin-folder for both Umbraco files and dev-created files, and everything seems fine.

The host cleared the temp-folder, and now the site works again.

The host is interested in knowing, what could cause the error, and why it is solved with a temp-folder-clearing ?

Any suggestions ? Is it and Umbraco error of some sort ?

• Asif Malik 203 posts 339 karma points
    Jan 23, 2013 @ 10:32
    Asif Malik

Hi i wouldnt say it is an umbraco thing, just that sometimes files get corrupted and need to be cleared out

• Warren 30 posts 95 karma points
    Jan 30, 2013 @ 20:05
    Warren

I am having a similiar issue. When you say that you cleared the temp folder, where is this folder found?

Jan 30, 2013 @ 20:43
    Kristoffer Eriksen

Hey Warren

If you look in the link provided, there is a description of where to find the folder.

If it is in a hosted enviroment, then it is nothing you can do, but your hosting-provider.

It is the system .NET temp folder

http://forums.asp.net/t/1723258.aspx

• Warren 30 posts 95 karma points
    Jan 30, 2013 @ 20:52
    Warren

Thanks.

I will try this next time I get the error. (I just have copied back project files from a backup and this fixes it, but I lose any of my code changes)

I will report back on how it goes.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft