Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• z4kk 24 posts 83 karma points
    Jan 27, 2013 @ 20:17
    z4kk

Member Profile properties saving problem

Hi. Sorry for my English.

I'm usgin Umbraco 6.0 RC

I try to make member signup form. But have problem with member profile properties saving.

I'm use code like this:

var user = System.Web.Security.Membership.CreateUser(userform.Email, userform.Password, userform.Email);
    var profile = ProfileBase.Create(user.UserName);
    profile["info_lastName"] = "test";
    profile.Save();

<profile defaultProvider="UmbracoMemberProfileProvider" enabled="true">
                <providers>
                    <clear />
                    <add name="UmbracoMemberProfileProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoProfileProvider, umbraco.providers" />
                </providers>
                <properties>
                    <clear />
                    <add name="info_lastName" allowAnonymous ="false" provider="UmbracoMemberProfileProvider" type="System.String" />
                </properties>
            </profile>

But this dosen't work, field "info_lastName" stay empty.

Any ideas? Thanks!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 27, 2013 @ 21:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi z4kk

I'm not a backend developer so I'm not sure about the code shown above...I'm just wondering if you're using the current beta release for a production or if you're just playing around with the new API?

The above might be a bug and if so it should be reported at the issue tracker http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/U4

If you're developing a real site I'll advise you to wait untill v6 is released in a stable release and base your work on v4 untill then.

I hope some of the other bright guys in here that knows more about the API than I do will chime in on the code example above.

/Jan

• z4kk 24 posts 83 karma points
    Jan 28, 2013 @ 16:31
    z4kk

Thanks for your reply.

I am already using Umbraco 6.0 RC for a website production. But since I planning to continue development of this site, I would like to use newest version of API.

It seems that there is a problem in Umbraco 6.0 RC, because the same code works fine on 4.11.3.1 =\

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft