I'm using Umbraco 4.11.3 and I have a set up as follows:

Content
    --> A Site
       --> Site Details
    --> Site A 
       --> Site A
    --> Site B
       --> Site B

and so on. The url to get to both Site A and Site B are /sitea and /siteB for both the top-level and the level beneath it. "A Site" and is the top level "/" and "Site Details" would be /site/

I have an umbraco configured not to show the top-level nodes in the url path.

When I try to change information on the "Site Details" or the nodes Site A and Site B (not at top-level) and then publish it will fail because of a SiteMapProvider exception saying that there are multiple nodes with the same routing. As I'm not showing the top level nodes - then the top level access should be something like:

/site-details/
    /site-a/
    /site-b/

and these will always route to the level-2 nodes. 

The exception is not logged I had to connect up a debugger and symbols to get the error. The symptoms when not connected up is that it says its "Published" but when you reload the nodes you notice the property data remains the same as it was before.

This was not an issue with version 4.8.1 and earlier - so I expect its a consequence from the recent version which had a new routing engine.

Can anyone help me on a possible solution where I can maintain this structure and save the node information at level 2. Any suggestions would be greatfully received.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft