Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Wayne 15 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 02:34
    Wayne

404handler loads and resolves but no redirect occurs

I've upgraded from 4.9 -> 4.11.1

A custom 404 handler, which did need modification (due to leading '/' now not being included in 4.10+), loads correctly and resolves to the right document id - as shown here in log

DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest - [Thread 7] LookupDomain: Uri="http://domain.com/news/1150"
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest - [Thread 7] LookupDomain: Matches no domain
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest - [Thread 7] LookupDomain: Culture="en-US"
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest - [Thread 7] LookupDocument: Path="/news/1150"
    DEBUG Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 7] LookupDocument: Begin resolvers
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.LookupByNiceUrl - [Thread 7] Test route "/news/1150"
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.LookupByNiceUrl - [Thread 7] Cache miss, query
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.LookupByNiceUrl - [Thread 7] Query does not match
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.LookupByIdPath - [Thread 7] Not a node id
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.LookupByNiceUrlAndTemplate - [Thread 7] Not a valid template: "1150"
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.LookupByProfile - [Thread 7] Not the profile path
    DEBUG Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 7] LookupDocument: End resolvers, no document was found (took 7ms)
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest - [Thread 7] LookupDocument2: Begin
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest - [Thread 7] LookupDocument2: No document, try last chance lookup
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.DefaultLastChanceLookup - [Thread 7] Running for url='/news/1150'.
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.DefaultLastChanceLookup - [Thread 7] Registering custom handlers.
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.DefaultLastChanceLookup - [Thread 7] Registering 'CustomUmbracoHandlers.WGNewsHandler,WGNewsHandler'.
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.DefaultLastChanceLookup - [Thread 7] Registering 'AutoFolders.NotFoundHandler,AutoFolders'.
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.DefaultLastChanceLookup - [Thread 7] Registering 'umbraco.handle404,umbraco'.
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.DefaultLastChanceLookup - [Thread 7] Handler 'CustomUmbracoHandlers.WGNewsHandler' found node with id=1150.
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest - [Thread 7] LookupDocument2: Found a document
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest - [Thread 7] EnsurePageAccess: Page is not protected
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest - [Thread 7] LookupTemplate: Look for template id=1130
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest - [Thread 7] LookupTemplate: Got template id=1130 alias="NewsContent"
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest - [Thread 7] LookupTemplate: Running with template id=1130 alias="NewsContent"
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest - [Thread 7] LookupDocument2: End
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest - [Thread 7] HandleWildcardDomains: Path="-1,1118,1120,1121,1150"
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest - [Thread 7] HandleWildcardDomains: No match.
    DEBUG umbraco.page - [Thread 7] Load element "newsDate"
    DEBUG umbraco.page - [Thread 7] Load element "umbracoNaviHide"
    DEBUG umbraco.page - [Thread 7] Load element "summary"
    DEBUG umbraco.page - [Thread 7] Load element "bodyText"
    DEBUG umbraco.page - [Thread 7] Load element "bodyText"
    DEBUG umbraco.page - [Thread 7] Load element "metaKeywords"
    DEBUG umbraco.page - [Thread 7] Load element "metaDescription"
    DEBUG umbraco.page - [Thread 7] Load element "callToActionSelection"
    DEBUG umbraco.page - [Thread 7] Load element "umbracoNaviHide"
    DEBUG Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule - [Thread 7] Total milliseconds for umbraco request to process: 171.875

The standard 404 page is still shown.

Moving back to 4.9 version of Umbraco with new 404handler - the redirect occurs.....

All this under IIS 7, no change in IIS settings between 4.9 and 4.11.1 move

Feb 01, 2013 @ 03:59
    Wayne

This is probably the reason

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1441

but, I have it the 404handler in 4.11.1 working under IIS on Win7 - being my development machine.....

W

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 04:47
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Wayne,

What i usually do for 404 and 500 error handler is to add a placeholder in one of my template between the <head> tag. Then use an inherited template where i make use of a userControl to trigger 404 and 500 errror.

This works well for me but still need to add the id of this node in the umbracoSettings.Config. You can also use this website to check if youre 404 is correct

http://www.internetmarketingninjas.com/tools/

//fuji

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 07:26
    Stephen

@Wane - I'm Stephan working on that exact issue. It's great that you could post some log. I have a question: according to the log, your 404 handler does run and finds document with ID 1150 which should display with template "NewsContent".

Because of the issue, the http  response code would be 404. Yes, that's an issue. Fixed in 6.1, I need to backport the fix to 4.11.x.

What I'm having difficulties to reproduce & diagnose is... are you saying that the document with ID 1150 is actually _not_ displayed but instead you get a 404 error page? Do you get the default blank Umbraco 404 page, or a custom page that you configured?

Thanks for you help!

Stephan

Feb 02, 2013 @ 06:36
    Wayne

Hi Stephen,

thanks for replying so quickly.

thats right, the doc 1150 (using template 'NewsContent') is not displayed and I get the standard 404 error page, not even the umbraco one

I dont have any custom 404 error page configured either.

All this works fine on my development machine win7 + IIS7 but not on Win Server 2008 + IIS7

If you send an emailto  'wayne at smithers.net.au' I can give provide you with the url where its failing.

regards

Wayne

Feb 03, 2013 @ 14:53
    Stephen

You write...

All this works fine on my development machine win7 + IIS7 but not on Win Server 2008 + IIS7

Rings a bell, I think I know what's going on now. See http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1441 where I'll put more details, but it should be fixed in the next 4.11.x or in nightlies. Soon.

Stephan

Feb 05, 2013 @ 19:23
    Stephen

A fix is coming. Will not comment here anymore, please see http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1441 for details.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft