Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Naorem Rainson 10 posts 30 karma points
    Feb 04, 2013 @ 09:49
    Naorem Rainson

Login error in Umbraco

Whenever i log in umbraco the following error comes. It's really freaking me out and i can't find the solution for it.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index]
       System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException() +72
       umbraco.cms.presentation._umbraco.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1507
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 04, 2013 @ 18:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Naorem

Have you checked if there is enough space on the disk of both the webserver and the database server?

/Jan

• Matt Taylor 873 posts 2086 karma points
    Nov 18, 2013 @ 16:36
    Matt Taylor

I've a customer that it getting a simliar error when they try to log in to my 4.7.1.1 website.

At /en/login-pages/login/ (Referred by: https://mystore.website.com/en/login-pages/login/): System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required. Parameter name: capacity at System.Collections.Hashtable..ctor(Int32 capacity, Single loadFactor) at System.Web.Caching.CacheSingle.CreateEnumerator() at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.ClearCacheByKeySearch(String KeyStartsWith) at umbraco.library.ClearLibraryCacheForMemberDo(Int32 memberId) in d:\Dropbox\Dev\UmbracoSource_v4\umbraco\presentation\library.cs:line 2136 at umbraco.library.ClearLibraryCacheForMember(Int32 mediaId) in d:\Dropbox\Dev\UmbracoSource_v4\umbraco\presentation\library.cs:line 2130 at umbraco.LibraryCacheRefresher.Member_AfterSave(Member sender, SaveEventArgs e) in d:\Dropbox\Dev\UmbracoSource_v4\umbraco\presentation\library.cs:line 2366 at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member.SaveEventHandler.Invoke(Member sender, SaveEventArgs e) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member.Save() at umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider.ValidateUser(String username, String password) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AuthenticateUsingMembershipProvider(AuthenticateEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AttemptLogin() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I'm not sure what's causing it, possibly a funny character in the password?

Regards, Matt

• Rasmus Østergård 19 posts 81 karma points c-trib
    Feb 05, 2014 @ 12:53
    Rasmus Østergård

Hi Matt,

Did resolve your problem? I have the same problem on a site running 4.9

Feb 05, 2014 @ 13:04
    Matt Taylor

Afraid not, it was left with my client's support desk provide more information and troubleshoot.

If I find out more I'll let you know.

Feb 05, 2014 @ 14:21
    Matt Taylor

Apparently they just just recycled the app pool to fix it.

• Rasmus Østergård 19 posts 81 karma points c-trib
    Feb 05, 2014 @ 17:01
    Rasmus Østergård

Actually what happens is that the asp.net cache (System.Web.Caching.CacheSingle) is somehow being corrupted. It has a private member "_publicTotal". This integer somehow get a negative value. This is no problem for ordinary get and set operations, but when umbraco in umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.ClearCacheByKeySearch() tries to CreateEnumerator() it blows up!

It's correct that an app-pool recycle will solve the problem.

These guys had the same problem: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/32906-Umbraco-in-load-balanced-environments-in-conjunction-with-DFS

Does anyone have an idea how this can happen?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft