Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Asif Malik 203 posts 339 karma points
    Feb 07, 2013 @ 17:41
    Asif Malik

Using the member webservice

I have enabled the Umbraco built in webservices for members and can successfully retrieve a member from the web service (ie a memberCarrier). The next step is to update some of the fields, i am using the code below

memberServiceSoapClient _memberService = new memberServiceSoapClient();
    memberCarrier _memberCarrier = _memberService.readByLogin("[email protected]""password""UmbracoUser""UmbracoUserPassword");
    memberProperty myProperty= new memberProperty(); myProperty.Key = "myPropertyAlias"; myProperty.PropertyValue = "myPropertyValue";
    _memberCarrier.MemberProperties.Add(myProperty); _memberService.update(_memberCarrier, "UmbracoUser""UmbracoUserPassword");

The above is all working and the members property gets updated. The problem i am having is that this update method of the web service encrypts my already encrypted password. I have checked through the source code and it appears that the update method does re-encrypt the password, which makes this unusable.

I would appreciate it if someone could confirm/deny this and if i am doing this incorrectly then advise me as to the correct way of doing this.

Many thanks

Feb 07, 2013 @ 17:44
    Asif Malik

Forgot to mention I am using Umbraco 4.11.4 with IIS7.5, windwos2008r2 and MSSQL2008R2

Feb 08, 2013 @ 10:27
    Asif Malik

I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction

Is this a bug? am a using the webservice incorrectly? 

From my understanding, this web service method to update member details is completly unuseable

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft