Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Leonard 8 posts 38 karma points
    Feb 09, 2013 @ 00:59
    Richard Leonard

Media upload - path outside wwwroot

Hi,

I would like to create a Document Type that for one of the properties it has a media picker, but for that media picker I would like to be able to dictate that the upload path is outside my wwwroot and not save in the media folder.  Is there something like this that already exists or could somebody point me in the correct direction to tutorials/helpers on this subject?

For example on my hosted domain I have \\PDC3\sites\a\apple.com\public_html which is the served folder but I want to upload to \\PDC3\sites\a\apple.com\media_store which will allow me to server controlled media where the user needs to be logged in. 

Thanks,

Richard

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Feb 09, 2013 @ 22:18
    Charles Afford

Have a look at ucomponents(i think thats the right name), i am sure that is something in that package that you can use to do this.  Charlie :)

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Feb 19, 2013 @ 17:34
    Tom Fulton

Hi Richard,

You can also try setting up the media folder as a virtual directory in IIS, and point it to wherever you like.  We do this pretty often with no problems.  There were some issues in earlier versions of Umbraco but if you're post 4.8.1 or so you should be fine.

-Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft