Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Deependra 6 posts 36 karma points
    Feb 21, 2013 @ 20:44
    Deependra

Migration of website from Umbraco 4.11 to Umbraco 6

Hi,

Just few months we started building a website using Umbraco 4.11 , now we are in middle of development and we want to upgrade to Umbraco 6 so that we can use new feature(specically MVC 4).

How hard is to migrate website from older version to new and is there any risk involve? Am I going to break current website .

Please advise experts 

Thanks

Deependra

• All Blonde 86 posts 138 karma points
    Feb 25, 2013 @ 17:46
    All Blonde

Hi Deependra,

on one of your posts I see that you get it up and running with Standard MVC site.

Can you share how and what config changes needed to be done.

I have Umbraco 6 installation but for some reason all what I see is errors produced by that Standard Site not site itself...

Thanks

Umbraco 6 on Server 2003 with all latest patches and updates, NET 4 installed and lot of other Umbraco 4 running on web forms is up and running there...

From that Standard site I am getting errors like:

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'object' does not contain a definition for 'Split' and no extension method 'Split' accepting a first argument of type 'object' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 33:                 {
    Line 34:                     <ul  class="navigation fc">
    Line 35: @foreach (var item in Umbraco.TypedContent(homepage.GetPropertyValue("headerNavigation").Split(','))) Line 36:                     {
    Line 37:                         <li><a href="@item.NiceUrl()">@item.Name</a></li>

Source File: e:\UMBRACO\Umbraco6-test.tmp-cms.com\Views\SW_Master.cshtml    Line: 35

Which is strange since string  have split function predefined...

I removed that loop completly and got next error and so on and on.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft