Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders 27 posts 47 karma points
    Sep 02, 2009 @ 18:01
    Anders

Simple ASP.NET Question and translation problem

Hello

First i have a simple ASP.NET Question: When you have the ASP.NET form it will only submit to the current page. But have can i submit the form to another page?

And then i have a translation problem. When im sending pages to translation, umbraco give this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Column 'Name' does not belong to table .

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Column 'Name' does not belong to table .

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Column 'Name' does not belong to table .]
    System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName) +1777717
    System.Data.DataRow.set_Item(String columnName, Object value) +12
    umbraco.presentation.umbraco.translation.details.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1375
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +15
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4016; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016

Greetigns Anders

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Sep 02, 2009 @ 18:20
    Chris Koiak

1) You can only have one 'runat' form on a page and it can only post to the same page. However,y ou can write out a standard html form via an xslt macro, this form can post/get to any location. You will need to output this outside of your "runat" form.

To read the submitted form fields in the resulting page/controls you will need to use

C#

HttpContext.Current.Request["formFieldId"];

xslt

umbraco.library:Request("formField")

2) Can't help here. Never used the translation features.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 02, 2009 @ 19:51
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Anders,

Regarding second issue (the translation issue) -> known issue, and reported on Codeplex! Go and vote for it! I would like to have this resolved in a next version as I'm using this feature on daily basis.

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Anders 27 posts 47 karma points
    Sep 02, 2009 @ 20:01
    Anders

Hello again..

I found it myself.. <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" PostBackUrl="~/Default2.aspx" Text="TargetButton" />

Thank you for the other things..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft