Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• z4kk 24 posts 83 karma points
    Mar 12, 2013 @ 09:29
    z4kk

Exclude Document form NiceUrl

I want create document type for grouping content in backed (only for usability)

For example:

Content
    -- HomePage
       -- Catalog
          -- Collection 1
     -- Product 1
             -- Product n
          -- Collection 2

Now if I call NiceUrl for Product 1, a have url like this: /HomePage/Catalog/Collection1/Product1.aspx

How I can exclude Collection DocumentType form url, like thisL /HomePage/Catalog/Product1.aspx

Thanks!

Update:

In sources I find class NiceUrlProvider, how and where I can declare my custom NiceUrlProvider?

• Andreas Iseli 150 posts 427 karma points
    Mar 12, 2013 @ 14:19
    Andreas Iseli

There is an out of the box way to define a second URL where you may exlude the "Collection1". It is a simple config entry but I currently dunno where it is located :)

• Neil Tootell 73 posts 118 karma points
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 17:41
    Neil Tootell

Hi z4kk (nice name!)

Check out the "/config/UrlRewriting.config" file.

You can set rules to do exactly what you want. There's extensive docs referenced in the file to get you started.

Neil

• z4kk 24 posts 83 karma points
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 18:00
    z4kk

Far as I know UrlRewriting.config not affected on NiceUrl. Or I'm mistaken?

• Neil Tootell 73 posts 118 karma points
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 18:09
    Neil Tootell

Right, I see what you mean, but if ultimately it's about what people see on the public facing site then niceUrl's shouldn't matter.

I suppose you could regular expression replace certain patterns on the niceUrl value as a string, then handle it's redirection using UrlRewites.

Also, depending on the umbraco version you're on, you should remove the aspx extentions using the umbracoUseDirectoryUrls key in the root web.config - this may help with the regEx pattern matching.

Neil

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft