This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bill 43 posts 65 karma points
    Mar 21, 2013 @ 15:12
    Bill

'Publish At' issue

Umbraco 4.11.1

SQL Server 2008

Hi!

I am experiencing an problem with the 'Publish At' feature in quite a large content tree - If I set the 'Publish At' field on an unpublished node for a time in the future and wait for that time to pass, the node appears as published in the tree (i.e it is no longer greyed out and the 'Last Published' field is updated, but it does not appear in the XML cache and the 'Link to document' field contains this:

Link to document

This document is published but is not visible because the parent '???' is unpublished

The parent node *is* actually published and visible on the front end site. If I republish the parent node, the scheduled node's 'Link to document' field updates to the correct, valid URL and the node is available to the front end.

I can't see anything unusual in the logs. I've tried this locally, on a staging server and on a prod server so I think it's a core Umbraco issue rather than how the site is set up.

Any help would be very gratefully received :)

Thanks,

Bill

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 21, 2013 @ 22:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bill

Is it an option for you to try and do an upgrade to 4.11.5? I've tested this feature on this version a few days ago and it worked without any problems.

If it still gives you this issue after doing an upgrade I suspect it could be something in your setup somehow.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Bill 43 posts 65 karma points
    Mar 22, 2013 @ 11:24
    Bill

Hi Jan,

Thanks for getting back me - I've tried the upgrade and am seeing the same issue.

Please can you recommend some places I should investigate in our setup to get to the bottom of what might be happening?

Very much appreciated :)

Thanks,

Bill

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 22, 2013 @ 16:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bill

Hmm, not sure if there could be some server issues perhaps?

I might want to double check the permissions to make sure it's not a permission issue. If you have a look at the XML cache can you then see the node in there? If not I'm 90% sure it's permission related.

Was this a clean install of 4.11.1 or have you been upgrading it from other versions?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft