Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vamsi Kalam 15 posts 35 karma points
    Apr 25, 2013 @ 21:06
    Vamsi Kalam

Edit HTML Source button showing up blank

Hi,

Edit HTML Source button upon clicked opens in a new window but doesn't dispaly any html code. This is happening only in production and not in test. I tried to debug the issue using Firebug and this is the error message that I am getting.

Error: Permission denied to access property 'tinymce'

I looked at all the files under tinymce3 folder to see if any of the files is not granted proper access but that doesn't seem to be the case. I would appreciate if you could help me resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Vamsi

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 26, 2013 @ 00:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Vamsi

What version of Umbraco are you using?

Have you tried simply just resetting the permissions all over? Sometimes that helps - also what users have you granted permissions too?

/Jan

Apr 26, 2013 @ 15:49
    Vamsi Kalam

Hi Jan,

We are on version umbraco v 4.5.2 (Assembly version: 1.0.3891.20719). I am logging in as Administrator. I have full access so I don't know why I am getting that error. Please advise.

Thanks,

Vamsi

Apr 26, 2013 @ 16:45
    Vamsi Kalam

It is a Javascript error on tiny_mce_popup.js file.

Error: Permission denied to access property 'tinymce'
    TypeError: this.params is undefined
  • Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Apr 30, 2013 @ 19:12
    Funka!

This happened to me once. I used a different browser and it worked as expected. I logged out, cleared all cookies, and cleared all cache in my primary browser and then found it magically working again. Could you try this please and let us know if this fixes the problem? I was quite surprised too since I use the view source button all the time. (Firefox.)

Apr 30, 2013 @ 19:30
    Vamsi Kalam

Hi Funka,

I tried that and it didn't work. I aam unable to figure out what the issue is.

Thanks.

• Mark Mitchell 35 posts 60 karma points
    Dec 30, 2014 @ 22:54
    Mark Mitchell

I am getting similar behavior on a site running Umbraco v6.2.4.  

In my case it works fine in IE and Firefox, but the HTML editor window is blank in Chrome. If I open Chrome's developor tools console I get: 

Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function   tiny_mce_popup.js:5  tinyMCEPopup._onDOMLoaded

I will try clearing cache / cookies / etc. as suggested above and report back.

EDIT:  Yep, in my case, clearing Chrome's cache and cookies fixed the issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft