Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Fowles 75 posts 184 karma points
    May 20, 2013 @ 14:28
    Paul Fowles

Expiry Date not working?

I've programatically alllowed documents to be created for a client with a release and expiry date. It's worked fine for ages.

I've recently discovered that recent documents that have been set an expiry date (remove at date property) in properties are not unpublishing the document at the specified time and are still published 2 days after it was supposed to be removed.

I.e  Today is 20th May 2013

Remove At : 18th May 2013 still populating the field (so it must not have been unpublished at all) 

Why is this? 

May 20, 2013 @ 16:38
    Paul Fowles

Its not working manually as well

• Andreas Iseli 150 posts 427 karma points
    May 23, 2013 @ 08:37
    Andreas Iseli

Do you mean the scheduling dates? And that manually unpublishing does not work?

• Braydie 148 posts 346 karma points
    May 23, 2013 @ 16:07
    Braydie

Hi Paul,

I had a similar issue that was down to Event Handlers trying to fire that were dependent on there being a user. When 'publish at' and 'remove at' fire events there is no user associated with them (as Umbraco itself, as the system, is performing the publish) so my code was failing silently and prevented the publish/remove at functionality from working correctly.

Not sure if this is of any use to you, but hopefully it'll point you in the right direction!

Braydie

May 27, 2013 @ 00:33
    Paul Fowles

hi guys,

Sorry for not replying sooner with my progress but it sorted itself out the following day from the looks of it it was just a massive server delay so umbraco wasn't getting the correct time took a couple of refreshes of the browser to get back into sync. 

@Andreas i meant that when I manually put values of Publish At and Release At Dates into umbraco (the scheduling dates)  - the button functions were working fine 

• Andreas Iseli 150 posts 427 karma points
    May 27, 2013 @ 09:51
    Andreas Iseli

Hi Paul, glad to here that your problems are gone and thanks for your reply.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft