Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alasdair North 2 posts 32 karma points
    Jun 05, 2013 @ 14:45
    Alasdair North

Event for Member email update

I'm using Umbraco version 4.7.2 and writing an add on that keeps the list of members in sync with a list on MailChimp.

As part of this I need to be able to update MailChimp when a member's email address changes. To update MailChimp I need to know both the old email address and the new email address. I was hoping to get the old email address from the database in a handler for Member.BeforeSave, but it's already changed in the database by the time the event handler is fired. I presume this is because it's updated using the ASP.Net membership code which doesn't fire this event.

Is there an event I can hook into to do this? Or should I get the old email in some other way?

• Kasper Holm 47 posts 180 karma points
    Jun 05, 2013 @ 15:05
    Kasper Holm

Hello Alasdiar
    i dont think you able to do that, as i rember it the data is allready updatet hveh before save is called. :(

i also belive this has been fixed in the newer version of umbraco..

i have done somthing simular in a 4.7.2 and i ended up doing the update in campaingmonitor before i updatet the user in umbraco :)

this is a good read, discripes the issue

http://www.aaron-powell.com/the-great-umbraco-api-misconception

• Alasdair North 2 posts 32 karma points
    Jun 05, 2013 @ 15:08
    Alasdair North

Hmm, fair enough.

I'll add a separate database table to keep track of email addresses so that I'll know the old values.

• Kasper Holm 47 posts 180 karma points
    Jun 05, 2013 @ 15:40
    Kasper Holm

if its a frontend thing you could get the member whit old values, then do the logic for mailchimp, and efter that update the member section ? :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft