Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Priyanka 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 11:31
    Priyanka

Umbraco content pages disapper

I am using Umbraco with .Net usercontrols. We are writing code and publish Umbraco site from Development server to test server and then finally to live server.

I have used macros in my content pages. When i am publishing my site to live server, i am facing an issue.

I publish content page from Umbraco Site Admin with macros. Still after certain time these macros gets disapper from the page. I aganin go to site admin and need to publish content page again. It will work for some time and again same issue repeated.

Anyone have any idea why this issue occurs?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 13:18
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 14:43
    Priyanka

I tried this still issue doesnt resolve.. any other idea?

Jun 21, 2013 @ 14:45
    Jeroen Breuer

Sorry I don't have any other ideas. Could you share some more info? What version are you on?

Jeroen

Jun 21, 2013 @ 15:16
    Priyanka

We are using 4.11.3 version of umbraco. 

let me give u more info

We are creating usercontrols in .Net and integrate it with Umbraco Macros. We created a macro container variable and dynamically assign macro to content page.

When we publish site we assing macro to macro container. Now issue is every day when i open a page it is now showing me data of macro. when i go to content page, macro is assigned but i need to again publish the page.

What can be the issue with it?

Jun 21, 2013 @ 15:22
    Jeroen Breuer

Hmm you could try to upgrade to 4.11.9 to see if it might be fixed in that version.

Jeroen

Jun 26, 2013 @ 11:57
    Priyanka

I m also facing another problem. In my development Umbraco I have created a template "ViewTeam" with template id 1404 and its content page with id 1403. This configuration are entered to umbraco.config file

When i publish site on live server, this umbraco.config file will go along with it. and now to this live site I again need to create template and content page from site admin as i m not restoring database. This time it automatically gets template id as 1382 and content page id as 1383. but in umbraco.config file there is entry for old template id.

problem is every morning when i clicks on content page it gives me error template 1404 doesn't exists. I need to publish my content page and then it works. Again next morning it creates same problem.

Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:34
    Jeroen Breuer

Maybe it's a problem with the right on the live server? See this topic: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17209390/umbraco-unpublished-content-reappears/17209655#17209655

Jeroen

Jun 26, 2013 @ 13:04
    Priyanka

All rights given to my site for IIS user

Jun 28, 2013 @ 06:50
    Priyanka

Thanks for the couple of suggestions. I tried few things and issure resolved. I removed the entry of old template from the umbraco.config file.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft