Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• antao 81 posts 371 karma points
    Jun 25, 2013 @ 11:08
    antao

Umbraco V6 Content tree

Hey everyone,

I'm just curious, let's say I would have +2K nodes in the content tree, how is V6 holding up with this? Is there any trick to set it better and performance wise? 

In the past I knew that was not a good pattern to have a lot of nodes under one root parent. 

Feedback appreciated, thanks!

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jun 25, 2013 @ 12:21
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

Umbraco should be able to handle that amount of nodes, but rendering that much nodes might be slow. In know in v7 there will be a grid in which you can see the nodes as a tree alternative.

Jeroen

Jun 25, 2013 @ 13:24
    antao

Hey Jeroen,

Thanks for the answer. I would like to see some performance tests to check it... still didn't got any straight results. 

I've saw the grid of Belle, it's an improvement yes, but I'm using V6.1.1 for the moment. So for rendering them in the backend, might be a nice idea to categorize them for example. Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Jun 25, 2013 @ 17:47
    Jon Dunfee

Coincidentally, I'm working on a project with several thousand child nodes and at first I was using SQLCE to make easier snapshots and once I reached over several hundred it was unusable.  Max connections limitation is too restrictive, so I stepped up to SQL Express and it was fine; however, I did create alpha folders to break it up as it was still taking several seconds to expand the tree.  Still wanting the all-inclusive solution, I'm experimenting with LocalDB and it's working pretty good so far for the team.

Jun 26, 2013 @ 11:28
    antao

Thanks for the input Jon! 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft