Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andrew shearer 506 posts 653 karma points
    Jun 28, 2013 @ 01:15
    andrew shearer

Umbraco 6.x without "Code First"

hi

Just wondering how & why people are using Umbraco 6 in a commerical environment without "Code First"/ uSiteBuilder?

This isn't a troll. I'm genuinely interested to hear if people are finding it too impractical to consider moving to 6 without it or are putting it off solely on this basis.

thanks

• Andreas Iseli 150 posts 427 karma points
    Jun 28, 2013 @ 10:00
    Andreas Iseli

This is just a personal preference. I'm always developing from scratch without having dependencies to public tools or packages. I'm using only VS built-in templates and the umbraco packages. I've create my own deployment line and packages which makes it much easier for me to handle future updates / changes.

Regarding the Entity Framework: It is nice to use and data repository are quickly implemented, but for testing purposes I prefere to create my own ones.

• andrew shearer 506 posts 653 karma points
    Jul 01, 2013 @ 13:48
    andrew shearer

was that reply in regards to my question?

• Martin Meixger 17 posts 75 karma points
    Jul 02, 2013 @ 09:48
    Martin Meixger

@Andrew: I cannot agree more!

I'm just trying to do a POC for a big site in 6.1 and have a hard time getting my head around this point'n'click docTypes, dataTypes, ...

Because of this shortcomings in Umbraco ( and the 5.x fiasco ) i've done all last years big sites with N2CMS and i love working with it!

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jul 02, 2013 @ 10:25
    Rich Green

Hey Andrew,

Working with V6 is no different to V4 in terms of DocType management, not sure why this would put you off?

Rich

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jul 02, 2013 @ 10:27
    Rich Green

To expand, you don't have to use Code First with either.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft