Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• M 33 posts 91 karma points
    Jul 08, 2013 @ 10:31
    M

IUsercontrolDataEditor equivalent in Umbraco 6.x.x

Is there any equivalent of IUsercontrolDataEditor in Umbraco 6.1.1 that runs in MVC mode? If yes, can you provide some pointes. If no, what are the alternatives?

I basically need to create a custom DropdownList populated with values from database. I should be able to add this data type on a document type and retrieve values on content publish.

thanks

• Comment author was deleted

Jul 08, 2013 @ 10:35

Hey,

The backoffice still uses webforms in 6.x so you can still use the IUsercontrolDataEditor

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 08, 2013 @ 12:04
    Jeroen Breuer

If you want a custom dropdownlist with values from the database you should have a look at the SQL DropDownList.

Jeroen

Jul 08, 2013 @ 13:49
    M

@Jeroen, thanks. I looked at uComponents - sounds great. One question though. Is it possible to modify the query (by adding WHRE clause) runtime, depending on some other property value? I need three dropdowns, and values of one depends on the selection of other.

@Tim thanks - but I am using uBlogsy 3.0 that only works with MVC - and the property is required on blog post. Is it possible to combine a property that needs a post_back (web forms) on a blogsy3 node?

Jul 08, 2013 @ 13:53
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

You probably can't modify the query at runtime.

uBlogsy is MVC, but the backoffice of uBlogsy in Umbraco is still webforms so you can still use the IUsercontrolDataEditor.

Jeroen

Jul 11, 2013 @ 10:44
    M

Thanks. For now I am using webform usercontrol. Would like to know if there's any MVC way that exists.

Jul 11, 2013 @ 10:48
    Jeroen Breuer

All I know is this blog about MVC in the backend: http://blog.bartdemeyer.be/2013/01/using-mvc-backend-pages-in-umbraco-4-11-1/

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft