Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marc-Anthony Taylor 55 posts 68 karma points
    Jul 12, 2013 @ 12:53
    Marc-Anthony Taylor

Redirect members to their own area upon login

I am creating a small site for customers to see how their project is running. It is extremely simple just one page per company listing the milestones and deadlines. I have to make each page accessible only to the login provided to that company.

I have my login set up but I am having trouble working out how to redirect them to their profile. I am using v6.1.2 and I cannot access member properties in my surface controller. Does anyone have any ideas? 

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 14, 2013 @ 21:09
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

Why can't you acces member properties in the surface controller? Can you explain what doesn't work?

Jeroen

• antao 81 posts 371 karma points
    Jul 16, 2013 @ 09:56
    antao

Hey Marc, what is the issue on accessing the member properties on the surface controller?

You could write an override to an authorization attribute and call it on every action of your controller.

I've done something similar in the past, but to check the role for the umbraco backend: https://gist.github.com/antao/4943933

Let me know if this helps.

Joao.

• Marc-Anthony Taylor 55 posts 68 karma points
    Aug 05, 2013 @ 08:14
    Marc-Anthony Taylor

Apologies to you both! My son was ill then I was on holiday from work. I will post again once I am settled in. Thanks for helping!

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Aug 06, 2013 @ 12:29
    Charles Afford

http://charlesafford.com/umbraco-membership-provider.aspx  See my post for the properties problem :)

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Aug 06, 2013 @ 12:31
    Charles Afford

When you say members?  What do you mean 'redirect members to there own area upon login'

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft