Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bob LoCicero 13 posts 32 karma points
    Jul 19, 2013 @ 15:25
    Bob LoCicero

HELP! Database Error, Show Stopper. Need Help, Please

Hi

Sorry for the non descriptive title, but my problem isn't easy to describe in a single sentence.

I am in the last stages of a major site conversion/upgrade and I have a problem which is preventing me from completing the project.

My site is hosted on a shared host. I cannot use backup and restore to move the database. I must script the changes -- both schema and data -- from my development environment to my target database.

I am using Sql2008 and Umbraco 4.9. I scripted out all tables like 'cms%' and 'umbraco%'. The script runs successfully. I run an object level compare between my development database and the target database and all objects have been created successfully. As as I can determine, the data has been inserted properly, but I must be missing something.

When I attempt to edit content, clicking on any node, I get:

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: Property articleTitle (28) on Content Type ArticlePage could not be retrieved for Document 1132 on Tab Page Content. To fix this problem, delete the property and recreate it.

articleTitle is a custom property for my DocumentType ArticlePage.

What could possibly be missing?

Obviously, my script has missed something, but what???

I have checked my cmsPropertyType and cmsPropertyData tables. These appear to have the same data as my development database.

What table provides the linkage between DocumentTypes and properties?

Can anyone please help?

Thanks.

Desperate in America.

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Jul 19, 2013 @ 15:30
    Stefan Kip

Please try to recycle the application pool.

If that doesn't work, open the document type 'ArticlePage' in umbraco, look at the property 'articleTitle' and remember which datatype it uses.

Then go to Developer, open up Datatypes and select the datatype which you've remembered. This might give a YSOD which tells you more about the problem.

Jul 19, 2013 @ 15:57
    Bob LoCicero

Recycling the app pool seems to have cleared the problem. A HUGE thank you to you!

Any idea as to the cause of the problem?

Thanks!

Jul 19, 2013 @ 16:10
    Stefan Kip

Maybe a bad cache or something...

Could you mark this topic as resolved?

Jul 20, 2013 @ 15:31
    Bob LoCicero

How do I mark it as "resolved"? I don't see a link or button ...

Jul 22, 2013 @ 09:23
    Stefan Kip

Each post has a green 'check', which marks a post as the answer of the topic.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft