Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Philip 59 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 22, 2013 @ 16:16
    Philip

Using Examine with Snowball analyzer

Hi,

I would like to use stemming and stopwords, and therefore use the Snowball analyzer in Umbraco.The snowball analyzer is part of the Lucene.Net Contrib project, so I have added the DLL to the project. 

In my ExamineSettings I have then tried to do the following, to have the data being indexed with the Snowball analyzer:

<add name="DemoIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine" analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Snowball.SnowballAnalyzer, Lucene.Net.Contrib.Snowball" indexSet="TestIndexSet">

But I then get the error:

No parameterless constructor defined for this object.

This error occures because the Snowball analyzer takes and argument (language), and I have therefore tried with both

"<add name="DemoIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine" analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Snowball.SnowballAnalyzer.SnowballAnalyzer(&quot;Danish&quot;), Lucene.Net.Contrib.Snowball" indexSet="TestIndexSet">"

and

<add name="DemoIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine" analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Snowball.SnowballAnalyzer.SnowballAnalyzer(&quot;English&quot;), Lucene.Net.Contrib.Snowball" indexSet="TestIndexSet">

But I keep getting the error

Value cannot be null. Parameter name: type.

Has any of you guys tried to work with the Snowball Analyzer and Examine, and can give a few hints on how to accomplish this?

• Mark 255 posts 612 karma points
    Sep 22, 2015 @ 13:29
    Mark

Hi Philip,

I too want to use the Snowball stemmer. Did you ever get it working?

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 23, 2015 @ 09:28
  • Mark 255 posts 612 karma points
    Sep 23, 2015 @ 09:32
    Mark

Thanks Ismail. It was me who did it! haha. I should have updated this post too!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft