Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aneesh 10 posts 29 karma points
    Jul 25, 2013 @ 06:16
    Aneesh

Umbraco Incorrect URL for the multisite setup when UseDomainPrefixes is true

HI,

We have mutli site setup with "UseDomainPrefixes" set to true and have applied the hostname on the root level of each site but what is required is "Link to Document" to should be the url with-out the domain/hostname prefix. I was able to achieve this in umbraco4.0.2 but we recently upgrade to 4.8.0 and this upgrade has replaced all the links with domain prefix. Is there any way to achieve tihs in 4.8.0.

Site setup and url of a page in umbraco 4.0.2

Hence the link to document doesn't have the domain prefix set on it only for the first site even though "UseDomainPrefixes" set to true. i need to replicate exactly the same thing in 4.8.0 due to the way the site has been setup.

The same page in umbraco4.8.0

Please Help, Much Appreciated.

Thanks

Aneesh

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jul 25, 2013 @ 10:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Aneesh

I'm not sure what the problem is? What you see in v4.8.0 is to exepect and I'm a bit puzzled that you don't see the same on 4.0.2.

However if you have setup the "manage hostname" on your home node then what you see in 4.8 is correct. You just need to setup the hostnames for the other homepage nodes as well to be able to distinguish between the sites.

I'm sorry if I'm missing what you mean but I'm not sure what the issue is? What problem does this give you?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Aneesh 10 posts 29 karma points
    Jul 26, 2013 @ 01:14
    Aneesh

HI Jan, 

Thanks for your reply, yes you are correct, I do understand what I see in v4.8 is expected to happen but my concern is there anyway by which we can get back what was happening in v4.0.2 with the link to document alone to be without the domain prefix. 

I need the above because of the way the GEO-Targetting works, if I can't replicate the above mentioned thing then I will have to completely change the logic behind geo-target rule. So it's possible to have the link without domain prefix?

Waiting to hear from you. 

Thanks
    Aneesh 

• Murray Roke 503 posts 966 karma points c-trib
    Sep 09, 2013 @ 05:52
    Murray Roke

Sometimes you have to republish your content when changing hostnames (not sure if that's relevant in this case or not)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft