Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Whittington 6 posts 26 karma points
    Aug 01, 2013 @ 16:44
    Chris Whittington

Prevalues in new API

Hi, I have a requirement to update a prevalue in a datatypedefinition post install/content creation...

Im currently using a DataSettingsEditorStorage class that lets me retrieve a list of settings: List<Setting<string,string>> (where the first string is the alias from the DB table [cmsDataTypePreValues] and the second string is the value).

I am iterating over the list and (using the alias as a key) updating the correct value.

Here is an example piece of code...

var currentSettingsList = this.GetCurrentSettings(this.dataEditorSettingsStorageWrapper, dataTypeDefinitionWrapper.Id);

// Container for the list of settings that will be pushed back to Umbraco
            var settingsToPushList = new List<Setting<string, string>>();

// loop through existing settings, checking if they need to be overridden - if not add it back unchanged
            foreach (var currentSetting in currentSettingsList)
            {
                var settingToPush = currentSetting;

var settingToUpdate = newDtdSettings.SettingsToUpdate.FirstOrDefault(x => x.Key == currentSetting.Key);

if (settingToUpdate.Key != null)
                {
                    // make sure that a check for the node exists is performed - if required
                    if (newDtdSettings.SettingsRequiringNodeExistsCheck.Contains(currentSetting.Key) && !nodeHelper.NodeExists(int.Parse(settingToUpdate.Value)))
                    {
                        throw new ArgumentNullException(string.Format("Unable to resolve node: {0}", settingToUpdate.Value));
                    }

settingToPush.Value = settingToUpdate.Value;
                }

settingsToPushList.Add(settingToPush);
            }

public IEnumerable<Setting<string, string>> GetCurrentSettings(IDataEditorSettingsStorageWrapper settingsStorageWrapper, int dataTypeDefinitionNodeId)
        {
            var currentSettings = settingsStorageWrapper.GetSettings(dataTypeDefinitionNodeId);

if (currentSettings == null)
            {
                throw new NullReferenceException();
            }
            return currentSettings;
        }

This is being used in conjunction with a bunch of other methods that do not use the newer (V6) Services.

I want to port my code over to use the newer services, but as I go, have noticed that the only options available on the IDataTypeService for retrieving prevalues are:

//
        // Summary:
        //     Gets a specific PreValue by its Id
        //
        // Parameters:
        //   id:
        //     Id of the PreValue to retrieve the value from
        //
        // Returns:
        //     PreValue as a string
        string GetPreValueAsString(int id);
        //
        // Summary:
        //     Gets all values for an Umbraco.Core.Models.IDataTypeDefinition
        //
        // Parameters:
        //   id:
        //     Id of the Umbraco.Core.Models.IDataTypeDefinition to retrieve prevalues from
        //
        // Returns:
        //     An enumerable list of string values
        IEnumerable<string> GetPreValuesByDataTypeId(int id);

As this list only contains values, I lose the ability to determine (via the alias) which item needs changing. Is there anyway to return - via the new Services - a list of prevalue settings (alias/value) or indeed a better way of doing all this??? I am hesitant to return an Ienumerable

(hopefully i've explained that enough, if anymore detail is needed I am happy to explain further...)

Cheers,

Chris Whitts

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft