Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Yadwinder singh 43 posts 112 karma points
    Aug 06, 2013 @ 13:36
    Yadwinder singh

How to access the umbraco content tree in asp.net website?

Hello,

I am new in umbraco. Please help.....

I have build two pages in umbraco using a single doctype.

Now, I don't know, how to access these contents from umbraco content tree to my asp.net site?

Thanks,

Yadwinder singh

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Aug 06, 2013 @ 13:47
  • Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 06, 2013 @ 13:56
    Dennis Aaen

And if you are going to use XSLT to get data out of Umbraco,

Then you should take a look of this http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/video-tutorials/umbraco-fundamentals/xslt-in-umbraco-45.aspx or http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/xslt/45-xml-schema or http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/xslt/45-xml-schema/xslt-examples-updated-to-new-schema

I guess you are using one of the newer version of Umbraco the XML schema was change from version 4.5.

/Dennis

Aug 06, 2013 @ 14:12
    Yadwinder singh

Hi,

@Kipusoep

@Dennis

Thanks for reply.

I explain you.

I have a asp.net site that has installed umbraco v4.7.2 and get the dynamic contents from it via umbraco API.

Now, I upgrade the umbraco v4.7.2 to v6.1.3.

The asp.net site runs well, but doesn't shows the contents from umbraco content tree.

I know nothing about the way, how to get contents?

Please help...

Thanks,

Yadwinder

Aug 07, 2013 @ 06:04
    Yadwinder singh

Hi,

Please reply...

Thanks,

Yadwinder singh

• Girish Khadse 52 posts 132 karma points
    Aug 07, 2013 @ 08:42
    Girish Khadse

Hi Yadwinder, Could you please specify the exact problem you are facing? Are you not able to see content you have added in the content page? or is it something else?

Regards, Girish

Aug 07, 2013 @ 08:57
    Yadwinder singh

Hi Girish,

Thanks a lot for reply,

I have a asp.net Mvc site, installed umbraco v4.7.2 in it.

asp.net site was getting the content tree from umbraco through web APIs.

Then,I upgrade the umbraco to v6.1.3.

Now the site fails to get the content tree.

Please help....

Yadwinder singh

Aug 07, 2013 @ 09:04
    Girish Khadse

Could you please provide the details of error you see? Or you dont get any errors ? If you are being redirected to error page, you wont be able to see the error. In this case, you can set the "CustomErrors" attribute to "Off" in web.config, and get the information about the error.

Aug 07, 2013 @ 09:24
    Yadwinder singh

Ok,

After setting the "CustomErrors" attribute to "Off" in web.config, I got the error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       DWEB.ErrorLog.WebErrorLog.WriteExceptionToDB(Exception e, String EventName, String PageName) +179
       CommonMethod.LogError(Exception ex, String EventName, String PageName) +60
       ChooseYourDentist.Controllers.ContentController.Info(String contenttype, String contentname) +3997
       lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +178
       System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +260
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +38
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass42.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__41() +33
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass39.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__33() +128
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() +964119
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() +964119
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass37.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +15
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2a.<BeginInvokeAction>b__20() +33
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +964636
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +20
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +67
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +20
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +469
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +375

Aug 07, 2013 @ 09:50
    Yadwinder singh

Now,

Tell me,

what will be the solution?

Aug 07, 2013 @ 11:03
    Girish Khadse

Ahh whatever knowledge I have with the umbraco, I am not sure what the solution could be. Have you added any page or have made any changes to existing pages? or any other changes?

Aug 07, 2013 @ 11:05
    Yadwinder singh

No,

I do nothing.

Aug 07, 2013 @ 11:41
    Girish Khadse

Try republishing the entire site again. And check if it works.

Aug 07, 2013 @ 11:53
    Yadwinder singh

After republishing, remains same error.

Aug 07, 2013 @ 11:55
    Yadwinder singh

After republishing, error remains same.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft