Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
?? is there somewhere else to post DAMP questions? The Codeplex home doesn't seem very active.
Using Umbraco v6.1.3, and DAMP 2.5.
I've built some DAMP MediaPickers to pick a custom Media Type which uses crops and other properties. When I edit properties (e.g. change crops, or add AltText) via the Media panel in the back-end the properties save correctly. When I edit them via the MediaPicker properties on Content they don't save.
Here's how I built it up:
1. added a NewsCropper datatype based on ImageCropper, and set some crops up.
2. added a new MediaType called NewsImage which has a NewsCropper property, and a TextString AltText property.
3. added a NewsImagePicker DataType based on DAMP MediaPicker with default/allowed media type of NewsImage.
4. added the NewsImagePicker as a propertyto a NewsArticle Document Type
5. created content of type NewsArticle
6. Chose/Created images, saved, and clicked Edit in the DAMP property editor. Changed some properties - crops, AltText, Saved, and Published the content. At this point I have the images etc as initially saved, but not the subsequent property changes I made.
Maybe there's a better way to do all this, maybe I'll have to stick with the clumsy Media-first workflow, however it _seems_ that this should work via the DAMP-based property editor in Content as it does know about the additional properties.
Thanks in advance
(Edited for clarity, perhaps)
Hi Rich have you found a solution to this? I'm also noticing that DAMP isn't saving the properties on my custom type.
Scratch that! - I see it's been sorted in the new version (2.6)
Cheers Alan, that's useful. I've upgraded and can confirm that 2.6 fixes the issue.
Thanks too to Jeroen.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted