Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rich Lee 26 posts 116 karma points
    Aug 14, 2013 @ 20:19
    Rich Lee

DAMP: ImageCropper and other properties not saved

Hi,

?? is there somewhere else to post DAMP questions? The Codeplex home doesn't seem very active.

Using Umbraco v6.1.3, and DAMP 2.5.

I've built some DAMP MediaPickers to pick a custom Media Type which uses crops and other properties. When I edit properties (e.g. change crops, or add AltText) via the Media panel in the back-end the properties save correctly. When I edit them via the MediaPicker properties on Content they don't save.

Here's how I built it up:

1. added a NewsCropper datatype based on ImageCropper, and set some crops up.

2. added a new MediaType called NewsImage which has a NewsCropper property, and a TextString AltText property.

3. added a NewsImagePicker DataType based on DAMP MediaPicker with default/allowed media type of NewsImage.

4. added the NewsImagePicker as a propertyto a NewsArticle Document Type

5. created content of type NewsArticle

6. Chose/Created images, saved, and clicked Edit in the DAMP property editor. Changed some properties - crops, AltText, Saved, and Published the content. At this point I have the images etc as initially saved, but not the subsequent property changes I made.

Maybe there's a better way to do all this, maybe I'll have to stick with the clumsy Media-first workflow, however it _seems_ that this should work via the DAMP-based property editor in Content as it does know about the additional properties.

Thanks in advance

Rich Lee

(Edited for clarity, perhaps)

• Alan Mac Kenna 147 posts 405 karma points MVP c-trib
    Sep 19, 2013 @ 21:43
    Alan Mac Kenna

Hi Rich have you found a solution to this? I'm also noticing that DAMP isn't saving the properties on my custom type.

Alan

• Alan Mac Kenna 147 posts 405 karma points MVP c-trib
    Sep 19, 2013 @ 22:02
    Alan Mac Kenna

Scratch that! - I see it's been sorted in the new version (2.6)

• Rich Lee 26 posts 116 karma points
    Sep 23, 2013 @ 13:53
    Rich Lee

Cheers Alan, that's useful. I've upgraded and can confirm that 2.6 fixes the issue.

Thanks too to Jeroen.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft