Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 23, 2013 @ 18:44
    Ismail Mayat

Examine Multisearcher

Guys,

I have examine multi searcher working its over umbraco content and a pdf index built using cogumbracomediaindexer. All works nicely with a bit of dirty hacking I even have highlight working (highlight cannot work over multi index). So my question is why do all the results have a score of 1? Anyone else seen this? It would appear that pdf results appear at bottom of list of results.

Regards

Ismail

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Aug 23, 2013 @ 22:53
    Jon Dunfee

One client I used two search indices and combined them.  Oddly enough it was faster for me to do this in XSLT.

<xsl:variable name="resultsRaw">
      <results>
        <xsl:for-each select="msxml:node-set(umbraco.page:Search($searchTerm))/nodes/node [string(hideFromSearch) != '1']" >
          <xsl:copy-of select="." />
        </xsl:for-each>
        <xsl:for-each select="msxml:node-set(umbraco.page:SearchPDF($searchTerm))/nodes/node" >
          <xsl:copy-of select="." />
      </results>
    </xsl:variable>
    <xsl:variable name="results" select="msxml:node-set($resultsRaw)/results" />
    <xsl:for-each select="$results/node">          
      <xsl:sort select="./@score" order="descending" data-type="number" />
    Aug 24, 2013 @ 09:45
    Ismail Mayat

Jon,

Was the reason because you had issue with multi searcher?

I can do 2 searches then combine and sort with linq.

Regards

Ismail

Aug 24, 2013 @ 19:52
    Jon Dunfee

Honestly, this was done several years ago and I was still doing nearly all my macro development in XSLT on the 4.5+ platform. It was not a Multisearcher.

<add name="EnforcerIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
        runAsync="true"
        supportUnpublished="false"
        supportProtected="false"
        interval="10"
        analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net"
        IndexSet="EnforcerIndexSet" />
    <add name="PDFIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.PDF.PDFIndexer, UmbracoExamine.PDF" extensions=".pdf" umbracoFileProperty="umbracoFile"/>

So, I didn't answer your question, but maybe my lackof Examine knowledge at the time might offer an alternative solution if you need proper scoring until you get a proper answer.

I felt the search was quick enough I didn't need to combine into a single searcher.

You are welcome to see the performance of the implementation. One requirement was to display any text available in the PDF; unfortunately, the client has not modified the annotations so you see garbage in the results

Aug 25, 2013 @ 08:55
    Jon Dunfee

Honestly, this was done several years ago and I was still doing nearly all my macro development in XSLT on the 4.5+ platform. It was not a Multisearcher.

<add name="EnforcerIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
        runAsync="true"
        supportUnpublished="false"
        supportProtected="false"
        interval="10"
        analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net"
        IndexSet="EnforcerIndexSet" />
    <add name="PDFIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.PDF.PDFIndexer, UmbracoExamine.PDF" extensions=".pdf" umbracoFileProperty="umbracoFile"/>

So, I didn't answer your question, but maybe my lackof Examine knowledge at the time might offer an alternative solution if you need proper scoring until you get a proper answer.

I felt the search was quick enough I didn't need to combine into a single searcher.

You are welcome to see the performance of the implementation. One requirement was to display any text available in the PDF; unfortunately, the client has not modified the annotations so you see garbage in the results

Aug 27, 2013 @ 11:12
    Ismail Mayat

Jon,

Ok I have already answered this many moons ago http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/13963-Examine-wildcard-search-score doh!! In both instances I am doing wildcard so in both instances the score is 1. Either I update examine source or take out the wild card.

Regards

Ismail

Sep 02, 2013 @ 06:32
    Jon Dunfee

Do the update to source effect non-wildcard queries?  It might be something worth recommending to be added to core.  Glad you found your answer [again].

Sep 02, 2013 @ 10:38
    Ismail Mayat

Jon,

That old post did not fix the issue.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft