Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bogdan 250 posts 427 karma points
    Aug 30, 2013 @ 15:40
    Bogdan

Highlight text in examine search results when matching beginning of words

Hello,

Based on the documentation found here http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/how-to-highlight-text-in-examine-search-results I've implemented highlighting of the query text in the results from examine search. It all works fine, except when the query matches only the beginning of a word.

For example if a field contains the text "Sed quis lacus mauris. Fusce auctor nunc eget neque interdum volutpat." and I search for "qui", the node will be among the results, but GetHighlight doesn't return anything. If I search for the full word "quis" it works fine.

My implementation is a bit different from the documentation. In a Razor view:

BaseSearchProvider externalSearcher = ExamineManager.Instance.SearchProviderCollection["ExternalSearcher"];
        ISearchResults results = externalSearcher.Search(!String.IsNullOrEmpty(Request["query"]) ? Request["query"] : String.Empty, true);
        IndexSearcher searcher = (IndexSearcher)((SearchResults)results).LuceneSearcher;
        Query query = ((SearchResults)results).LuceneQuery;

And then:

@foreach (var result in results)
    {
        KeyValuePair<String, String> field = result.Fields.Where(f => f.Value.ToUpper().Contains(Request["query"].ToUpper()) || f.Value.ToUpper().Split(new[] { ' ' }).ContainsAny(Request["query"].ToUpper().Split(new[] { ' ' }))).FirstOrDefault();
        String searchHiglight = !String.IsNullOrEmpty(field.Key) ? LuceneHighlightHelper.Instance.GetHighlight(field.Value, field.Key, searcher, Request["query"].ToString()) : String.Empty;
    }

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Joel 7 posts 27 karma points
    Apr 07, 2015 @ 19:18
    Joel

Did you ever get this working correctly? I'm trying to do the same thing. What '@usings' did you need to include?

• Bogdan 250 posts 427 karma points
    Apr 08, 2015 @ 15:12
    Bogdan

Hi Joel,

I'm affraid this was too long ago to remember. I don't think I found a way to highlight with LuceneHighlightHelper correctly. Instead I made my own function, which just replaced all keywords with a regexp.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft