Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vaibhav A 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 09, 2013 @ 14:26
    Vaibhav A

Issue with ShowSpeechBubble

Hi,

I am using umbraco 6.0.3. I am overriding the DocumentBeforePublish event. My logic works fine and if content is invalid then event does not allow to publish the content. I could not change the default message 'Publishing was cancelled by a 3rd party add-in'. I have addd following is the code snippet within DocumentBeforePublish event handler,

if (!passed)
           {
               e.Cancel = true;
               umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.Current.ClientTools.CloseModalWindow();
               umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.Current.ClientTools.ShowSpeechBubble(umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.speechBubbleIcon.error, "Publish Failed", "My custom message!");
           }

e.Cancel = true; fails the content publishing but ShowSpeechBubble method is not working for me.

The ShowSpeechBubble shows my custom message while I publishing by right clicking on the node and click on publish from popup options. But it is not working when I publish the content using 'Save and Publish' button.

Please suggest.

• Phillip Robinson 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jan 06, 2014 @ 15:57
    Phillip Robinson

Hi Vaibhav,

Did you ever get a work around for this problem? I seem to have run into the same problem.

Thank you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft