Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adrian Inman 35 posts 59 karma points
    Sep 11, 2013 @ 10:44
    Adrian Inman

ExpireDate being weird

We have a problem publishing content programmatically - when we set IContent's ExpireDate and publish the content, the nodes seem to be automatically unpublished prematurely.

The End Date is 10 Oct 2013, but I think this is being read somewhere as 10 Aug 2013

I don't understand why. Basically everything was fine with this when we were working on it before, but now, its just being weird.

When we populate the content, we can see it publishing and the published content increase. However, when the publishing finishes, umbraco wakes up and seems to unpublish the content, clearing the release and expire dates out.

ARGH! Help. Surely if this was a major problem, lots of other people would be experiencing it?

Sep 11, 2013 @ 15:40
    Adrian Inman

We've upgraded to 6.1.5 from 6.1.3 and this problem persists.

Also noting this in the umbraco log: Error executing query delete from umbracoLog where datestamp < @oldestPermittedLogEntry and logHeader in ('open','system')

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): The conversion of a nvarchar data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value.

This sounds to me like something isn't getting YMD date formats as appropriate somewhere

Sep 11, 2013 @ 18:26
    Adrian Inman

Given the above exception is generated when this runs:

exec sp_executesql N'delete from umbracoLog where datestamp < @oldestPermittedLogEntry and logHeader in (''open'',''system'')',N'@oldestPermittedLogEntry nvarchar(19)',@oldestPermittedLogEntry=N'2013-07-13 17:22:10'

I'm fairly confident this is because the database thinks the date time is in the format Y D M, hence the overflow for the 13th month.

When I connect with SQL Management Studio, all is well and the actual value in the DB is fine too.

HELP!

Sep 12, 2013 @ 12:14
    Adrian Inman

This is just plain odd.

Installed some windows updates to Web and DB servers and rebooted them, problem no longer presents. What a waste of a day chasing a rabbit down a hole.

Oct 23, 2013 @ 18:03
    Adrian Inman

This problem has re-occured, but we're not sure why. We have republished the content, but it hasn't yet unpublished itself.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft