Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• adrianfriend 67 posts 68 karma points
    Oct 05, 2009 @ 20:30
    adrianfriend

Adding new fields to Document Type

Hi All,

Senario - We need to add 60 new fields to a Document Type - we have a dev server and a live server which are completly seperate. They need to be added to the dev server so we can code the changes to XSLT etc. Once tested this needs to ship to the live server. This needs to happen as a discreet process which doesnt affect anything else on the live server. I had thought I could delete a document type and import the new one with the changes but this screws all the content up!.

Has any one got any suggestions on how to do this?

Adrian

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Oct 05, 2009 @ 21:29
    Dirk De Grave

I haven't seen any real solution to this problem. I can only think of creating some batch that will add the new properties to the existing document type. Sounds old school fashion, but I'm not aware of any other solution (unless Courier does these kinds of things OOB)

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Oct 05, 2009 @ 23:33
    Aaron Powell

When you import a document type with the same alias it should detect the match and add the new properties to the pre-existing one. I'd give this a test first as I know it'll do that in 4.1 but I can't remember how much changing I did to make it work.

Otherwise I believe the new version of Courier handles Doc Type property changes

• adrianfriend 67 posts 68 karma points
    Oct 06, 2009 @ 09:49
    adrianfriend

thanks guys, Slace's suggestion worked perfectly. I exported the .udt, added a new field to it (good old Notepad!) and then re-imported and it added my new field without messing anything up.

Great advice and thanks again...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft