Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nadja K 3 posts 23 karma points
    Sep 26, 2013 @ 13:38
    Nadja K

How can I extract umbracoNaviHide property value from sql database?

Hi all,

I have an Umbraco 4.8 installation running using a SQL server. I am using the umbracoNaviHide property to hide content that I want to be able to unhide from elsewhere (other than the Umbraco content administration) by extracting and modifying the umbracoNaviHide property value in the DB. 

That is, I want to be able to see and alter the umbracoNaviHide property value for a node from another .NET based website.

So my question is; where in the database will I find where it is determined what value the umbracoNaviHide property is set on a node? 

• Niels Lynggaard 192 posts 550 karma points
    Sep 26, 2013 @ 13:55
    Niels Lynggaard

Its actually based on your setup, since the ID of the property is created when you created your umbracoNaviHide property. 

First, find the property ID of your umbracoNaviHide in the table cmsPropertyTypes:

SELECT *
      FROM cmsPropertyType where Alias = 'umbracoNaviHide'

Then with that ID you can find the properies in the cmsPropertyData table:

SELECT *
      FROM cmsPropertyData where propertytypeid=296

(Replace 296 with your propertytypeid)..

Then you got all the places that this property is used.

If you need to find the page, you can look that up by contentNodeId in the cmsDocument table..

• Nadja K 3 posts 23 karma points
    Sep 27, 2013 @ 12:58
    Nadja K

Thank you for your reply. It got me some of the way, but I still need the value of the property - that is, whether the node is hidden or not. 

Basically, what I want to do is:
    For a certain node - get the umbracoNaviHide propery value (0 or 1) to see if the node is hidden or not.   

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft