Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andreas Johansson 9 posts 42 karma points
    Oct 06, 2013 @ 21:05
    Andreas Johansson

uQuery.GetDictionaryItem() not working after changing of languages

I've used uQuery.GetDictionaryItem() för a while on a single language site. By default the first language is en-us and I started adding swedish items to this Dictionary. I did not change the hostname or culture or anything. Worked like a charm. 

After this I thought that I should change to only having swedish as language. I  deleted the en-us and added Sweden only. The uQuery.GetDictionaryItem() does not work anymore. I think that uQuery.GetDictionaryItem() "finds" the item but the item is an empty string since the fallback parameter does not kick in. In the database I see the items and if I use umbraco.library.GetDictionaryItem() it works as it should. I have added swedish as culture language as well for the node tree. I have controlled that the culture is Sweden when debugging and I have added the Sweden-culture-id  as the third parameter as well to uQuery.GetDictionaryItem(). Nothing works anyymore when using uQuery.GetDictionaryItem(). I have taken "Republish entire site" several times.

My database is the built in SQL Server Compact Edition Database File.

I use Visual studio 2012.
    The .Net version is 4.5.
    The Umbraco version is 6.1.5
    I use iis-express.

in config settings I have

Thanks for any answer that know how to fix this!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft