Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alexandru 112 posts 272 karma points
    Oct 14, 2013 @ 11:30
    Alexandru

How to save image crops inside the Media Section?

Hi,

I am willing to use the built-in image cropper but I would like to be able to save those crops inside the media section and not locally in the media folder.

The problem is that I would like the clients to do this online so they should be able to do it without having to leave the backoffice and browse through their computers.

Does anyone thing it's possible to change the path where the crops will be saved?

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Oct 14, 2013 @ 11:42
    Rich Green

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve?

Oct 14, 2013 @ 11:47
    Alexandru

I want my blog writers to easily crop images for blog posts. I want them to do this using umbraco's backoffice.

At the moment when they crop an image, it does not get saved in the media section but in the Media folder of the website.

Do you see where I am coming from? They have to Upload the picture again if they want to use a crop version of an image.

Oct 14, 2013 @ 11:49
    Rich Green

I'm not sure why it matters where it's saved?

I think you want to use either http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/eksponent-cropup or http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/default-datatypes/image-cropper

Are you saying you want the client to select which 'crop' rather than the image?

Oct 14, 2013 @ 12:00
    Alexandru

Well it's like this.

Say I have a picture. I upload it in the media section. Then I want to write a blog post and use a slice of that picture in my blog post. I open the image in the media section I go to the Cropping tab (which I have added for the Image Media Types) and after cropping the desired slice I hit save.

Then, I go back to my created blog post and I open up the 'Insert third party media' and I can only see the originally uploaded image (the full size version).

The only way I can insert the cropped image is by browsing my website folder, go to Media folder where the croppings have been saved and upload those to the blog post. The client won't have access to the website folders as he is doing this from his home computer. What can I do about this?

Does it make sense now? Sorry for not being clear enough...:(

Oct 14, 2013 @ 12:02
    Rich Green

Hey,

I understand, usually we try to avoid the user putting images in the RTE as it's always problematic.

We would have an image property and then we would render a specific crop for that template, for example 'BlogPostCrop'

Make sense?

Rich

Oct 14, 2013 @ 12:06
    Alexandru

No, it doesn't ...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft