Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jackie Nagel 13 posts 92 karma points
    Oct 14, 2013 @ 12:20
    Jackie Nagel

NiceUrl always returns # when mocking a UmbracoContext

Hello

I'm currently having a hard time getting the NiceUrl of a node retrieved through the ContentService, while in a scope where HttpContext and UmbracoContext is null. Therefore I've mocked an HttpContext and a UmbracoContext to solve this issue, but now I'm just getting # as url for all nodes.

Any suggestions? :-)

Kind regards

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Oct 14, 2013 @ 12:37
    Stephen

UrlProvider wants the complete cache available, which means if you're mocking... a good deal of things need to be made available. If you have the Umbraco source, you can look at what's in Umbraco.Web.Standalone...

Oct 14, 2013 @ 12:38
    Jackie Nagel

Thanks, giving it a try :-)

Oct 14, 2013 @ 12:56
    Jackie Nagel

I see. I guess you're referring to InitializeResolvers method in the StandaloneBootManger.cs (https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/6.2.0/src/Umbraco.Web/Standalone/StandaloneBootManager.cs).

I'm just hitting a wall here, since all of the constructors that I should be using is marked as internal. Is this an incorrect observation or? :-)

Kind regards.

Oct 14, 2013 @ 13:40
    Jackie Nagel

Alright, problem was that we we're running in a loadbalanced environment and the xmlcache wasn't correctly in sync, so the Umbraco.EnsureContext() works fine.

Thanks for the help Stephen :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft