Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hywel Bromby 33 posts 63 karma points
    Oct 09, 2009 @ 17:21
    Hywel Bromby

Where are the content pages stored?

Hi

I am looking at creating a webservice that searches my content and returns xml (to be displayed on a page) sat down to start and realised i have no idea where the content is actually stored. is it in the db? is it in xml? how can i access it from my webservice?

I Am looking to create an AJAX search that calls a webservice and updates the page "smoothly" is there a better way of doing this than i described above?

Cheers all

Hywel

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Oct 09, 2009 @ 17:49
    Rich Green

Have a look at  the data/umbraco.config file (it's just a standard XML file).

This file has the XML with all the site data and this is where the Umbraco front end reads it's data from.

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Oct 09, 2009 @ 23:20
    skiltz

What you want to do is work with the Umbraco API. Check here for some instructions. http://umbraco.org/documentation/books/api-cheatsheet

Nov 10, 2009 @ 17:19
    Hywel Bromby

Thanks for the help

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Nov 10, 2009 @ 17:22
    Warren Buckley

Hywel I recommend you that use /base with JavaScript or jQuery for your AJAX calls to run some custom .NET code to do what you want and then for /base to return the data back to your jQuery script as you want for you to then load in the data and animate the page or whatever.

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/umbraco-base

Warren :)

Dec 17, 2009 @ 17:27
    Hywel Bromby

This all seems to make sense, and has slved the origonal query. However i am extending what i am trying to do. I would like to be able to get a user to enter threads/messages and for these to be dynamically turned in to pages. Does this sound possible?

Cheers

Hywel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft