Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aaron 8 posts 30 karma points
    Oct 20, 2009 @ 04:09
    Aaron

How to mimic the locallink functionality for media item within tinymce v3 wysiwyg

umbraco v 4.0.2.1

ASP.Net 3.5 sp1

I am curious as to whether or not it is possible to have something similar to the locallink for linking to website pages, for media items. I have a client with a pretty large site with numerous page linking to documents loaded in the media section, however, they don't enjoy having to update all the links on the page whenever they upload a new file associated with the media item.

It seems to be the way that umbraco works when inserting links to media items that it just inserts the static link with the path of the document, but when a media item is changed so that the file pointed to is different, it doesnt update the static links in content and all those links become broken (well depending upon how you update the media item, whether or not you remove the first, otherwise those links will still work because those files are still on the server).

I have tried to create a macro however placing a macro in the middle of a paragraph of content doesnt really work, because it changes some styling or it removes some of the text. I can get it to work in the html editor, but the client isnt ilterate in html. Is there anyway that I can build something like the locallink? without having to extend umbraco, because I would end up having to redo the change each time the client wants to upgrade. Or perhaps is it possible that a later umbraco version might have something like this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft