Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• lj 81 posts 425 karma points
    Jan 23, 2014 @ 10:22
    lj

url issue

I have came across a bug that I am stumped with.

In my site if I enter the url mysitename/news it is serving up the homepage ie mysitename. the page news has been deleted yet it still serves up the homepage (does not redirect to this ie url still reads mysitename/news but homepage is served).

I have checked all other pages but none are named news. I have republished the entire site too but no change.

question: is there a way in umbraco to find what page is being requested by mysitename/news before it serves up the homepag?

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 23, 2014 @ 10:59
    Ismail Mayat

Hi,

What version of umbraco are you using? Also what happens when you try another non existing page do you get the same thing?

Regards

Ismail

• lj 81 posts 425 karma points
    Jan 23, 2014 @ 11:40
    lj

Hi

im using v6.1.1.

When i enter another non existing page ive set the site up to redirect to a not found page which works as expected. it is just this one page ie news.

i am also using the url tracker plugin which is redirecting urls from the old site to the correct ones (its a rewrite of old site into umbraco). But there is definately no entry for news in their ( i have even checked to the database level) and besides this would redirect the page but the page is not redirecting it is serving up home.

cheers

lj

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft