Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sperr0w 48 posts 81 karma points
    Oct 21, 2009 @ 15:01
    sperr0w

Add media image

Hi!

I work under commerce4umbraco project and I need to create products by list of properties and one of the property is name off image file ...

I have folder that contain many images. I need to add all of it as image to umbraco media. May be anybody already made it procedure? Can u give me solution and may be source code of application to do it?

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Oct 21, 2009 @ 15:54
  • sperr0w 48 posts 81 karma points
    Oct 22, 2009 @ 05:06
    sperr0w

Thanks for your reply, Douglas. May be is that what I need. But can somebody tell me what clesses I need to use to do it in my personal program? May be u have code examples?

• Rasmus Berntsen 215 posts 253 karma points c-trib
    Oct 22, 2009 @ 11:15
    Rasmus Berntsen

Why not use the package? It will let you upload a zip file and unpack it to your media library..

Tim (the author of this "ressurected package") has actually shared the source, if that's what you're looking for:

http://www.nibble.be/?p=55

or

http://www.nibble.be/temp/Nibble.Umb.ZipUpload.zip

• waqarhabib 9 posts 27 karma points
    Oct 22, 2009 @ 15:41
    waqarhabib

I have a folder in which I have PDF Files some sort of Reports.

I want to show them in  my page.

It need to be Named properly and shown as links so that user can  download it.

I have no idea what to user for uploading (any number of files) with proper comment/Name

Like I have files reprotabc_123.pdf,reprotabc_124.pdf,reprotabc_125.pdf in my report folder.

and how it will be shown like this.

Report 1

Report 2

Report 3

They should be linked so that on click user can download it. I tried Upload Data Type but it can handle only one file. while related link only take files from Content folder. and I am unable to add my reports to content folder ..

• Rasmus Berntsen 215 posts 253 karma points c-trib
    Oct 22, 2009 @ 16:12
    Rasmus Berntsen

Wagarhabib: Why not create a new topic?

If it's a couple of PDF's, then I would create two Documenttypes:

1. fileArea (or something like that)

2. pdfFile (again... It's up to you.) Allow pdfFile to be created below the "fileArea".

Create three properties on the pdfFile:

-fileName (String)

-fileDescription (String)

-file (Upload)

That way you could create multiple "pdfFile"s below the fileArea. Use XSLT to list all the files (including their name and description).... :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft