Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim Brooks 27 posts 79 karma points
    Feb 11, 2014 @ 04:10
    Tim Brooks

Access the ultimate picker's Parent NodeId and Document Alias Filter using DataTypeService

I'm attempting to write a poco generation utility for each document type. A requirement that I'm stuck on is that I can't seem to locate where the ParentNodeId and the DocumentAliasFilter are stored for a custom ultimate picker. If a particular ultimate picker exists on a document, I'd like it to be strongly typed in the poco object itself IE I have a picker that allows a doc type of Page1 and Page2. In the poco object I'd like to have 

public Page1 {get; set;}

public Page2 {get; set;}

VS

public contententId {get; set;}

Any help would be appreciated, although I realize this a relatively non-conventional question. 

• Tim Brooks 27 posts 79 karma points
    Feb 11, 2014 @ 16:43
    Tim Brooks

Okay this was easier than I had thought so I will answer my own questions. I was looking through the object itself in a visual studio watch with no luck. I turned on a SQL Serveer tracing session found that its stored as a prevalue. Getting prevalues is answered in many places, but for anyone else that may be looking at this post with a similar question. 

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/master/Reference/Management-v6/Services/DataTypeService

GetPrevalueByDataTypeId(datatypeId)

returns a comma seperated list with the ParentNodeId first and the document aliases following. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft