Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bradley Kronson 62 posts 113 karma points
    Feb 22, 2014 @ 07:49
    Bradley Kronson

access.config vs database table

I'm curious if anyone know the reasons for the design decision to store node access permissions in an XML file instead of using a database table.

Sure the use of database would result in much quicker queries for checking access permissions for a user - when you are serving or checking large amounts of nodes for access, eg in a search situation of protected content, the access permissions KILL site performance

Has anyone out there found a way of pulling these permissions from an xml file into the database?

• Halle 9 posts 59 karma points
    Jun 24, 2014 @ 13:33
    Halle

It is really frustrating that the public access is stored in an XML filed (access.config).
    everytime we are publishing a new release we MUST remember to copy the old accessfile to the new release else all access data is gone.

I'm also curios why it's stored this way, is it a design flaw? i cannot see the benefit doing it like this.

//Hampus

• Halle 9 posts 59 karma points
    Mar 20, 2015 @ 17:41
    Halle

Is there really no answer to this? feels kind of strange that you store such important data in a file wish might accidentally get deleted or even forgotten when doing releases. 

Is there a plan to change this or is it already an option to store it in the database instead?

Best Regards,
    Hampus 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft